Learning the ABCs
- Books! Look for these titles at your local Wake County library.
- Visit one of the websites on our Early Literacy Links webpage.
- Alphabet blocks – talk about the letters on the blocks as you play with your child.
- Alphabet magnets on the fridge – try spelling your child’s name and other simple words.
- Play the ‘I See Something’ game with the letters you see in signs, magazines, menus, and other places. Go through the alphabet in sequence – “I see an A,” “I see a B,” etc.
Does your child already recognize letters? The next step is learning the sounds that go with the letters. (“B is for bananas.”) Good luck and have fun!